bookspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bookspot

A place to stop and chat about all your favorite books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e-books

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Jr. Author
Jr. Author

e-books Empty
PostSubject: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:21 pm

E-books has been steadily on the rise the last five years or so, I have read a dozen books on computers but I find that my reading speed is considerably slower as I simply can't seem to find the same flow, besides I don't find the text as easy on the eyes either. What do you think of them?
Back to top Go down
Melby
Admin
Admin
Melby

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm

I try to keep a few of my favorite books on the computer so if i want to read them but won't be home or can't carry a series of books I can throw them on my psp and be done with it takes up a lot less space hehe. But I agree even on the psp it isnt as easy on the eyes I get lost easily and have a harder time finding my spot on the computer or the psp. I like the idea and have even thought about getting and e-reader for xmas
Back to top Go down
https://bookspot.board-directory.net
Adam
Jr. Author
Jr. Author

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:06 am

There's lost of theoretical benefits of e-books(availability, environment, physical space) but until it's as nice to read one as a real book I don't think I'll really get into them. I've also been considering buying an e-reader myself but I would really like to try one before I spend 330€ on something I might not use.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Jr. Author
Jr. Author

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:07 am

That was supposed to be a euro sign.
Back to top Go down
Melby
Admin
Admin
Melby

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:49 pm

you should go to www.sonystyle.com and check out there e reader the PRS - 505 I just got it and am in love. It isn't backlit so it isn't as hard on the eyes as the computer screen and to look at it you would think you were reading from a piece of paper. If you are truley interested in E-books finding a reader like this or the Kindle from Amazon would be a good idea
Back to top Go down
Adam
Jr. Author
Jr. Author

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:14 am

I have been looking at Sony's PRS a lot but the thing is Sony for some reason hates Europeans. They seem to have no intention of finding a distributor in Europe, so I've been looking at the Hanlin V3.
Back to top Go down
Melby
Admin
Admin
Melby

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 pm

I haven't heard of that one, Would you be able to order a Sony off line? There are alot on Ebay and also sony has its own site which it sells the Reader from. Just thoughts =o)
Back to top Go down
deanfromuk
Jr. Author
Jr. Author

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I have to admit I download a lot of e-comics compared to e-books as they are far easier to read on a computer.It's not the same as having a novel inhand lol

Lots of ebooks here http://flmsdown.net/category/ebooks/ and huge amounts of educational material
Back to top Go down
Melby
Admin
Admin
Melby

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 pm

thanks for the link Dean i've been looking for places to find book. I agree it isn't the same as having the novel in hand and the smell of a fresh book but it is a nice alternative for travel and such. I'm the type who will pack 7-8 books to go away for 2 weeks instead of devoting a bag just to books I can just load them on my reader and be on my way. I still can't stop myself from spending too much money at the book store though and having to have a few paper novels on hand on top of the massive collection of ebooks I have been collecting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

e-books Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-books   e-books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

e-books
Page 1 of 1